Sunday, February 12, 2012


Desna said it best, "this is the future of our family!"
Daniel has been teaching me his techie ways and I'm loving it. I have made a news year resolution to work on my family history and I believe this is one way of doing that. Recently I attended a World Wide Leadership Training meeting held by the first presidency of the church. Elder Uchtdurf told us to always think of the reason WHY we do things in the church and I think he will agree with me that we should do this in our personal lives too. So I'm going to tell you WHY I want to start to blog more often. I want to be able to have my children and their children look at the books I will compile from this blog and be grateful that their mother or grandmother or great grandmother compiled these books for them. I want them to feel the same way I do when I read through my mothers and grandmothers journals. How I feel when I see an old picture of them and wish I had more information about that day and what they did and how they where feeling. I want them to have both a picture and the story together if I can. My favorite picture of my grandmother and grandfather Hosaflook is when they where very young. Maybe they had their first child by then. He is dressed in a military uniform and she in a dress. I wish I knew where they where and what they where thinking and feeling. I want Aaron to know these things about us which will one day tell him something about himself!

No comments:

Post a Comment