Both boys are taking a nap now. I have been on the phone all day with ENT offices, surgery offices, pediatricians and other offices for coming up appointments. Currently I'm holding the phone to my ear with my shoulders while on hold. I had to record the events of today. Timothy's little bum continues to have horrific diaper rash from the amoxicillin for his ear infection combined with him not being able to control his sphincter muscle yet so it's an open flow of poo on his weeping bum. As I was changing his diaper for about the 6th time today and it was only noon, I thought of his baby blessing. A blessing his Dad gave him soon after he was born. Daniel had said over and over again that, "he would be blessed with strength to overcome all his trials and pain that he would experience in this life." As he groaned from me wiping off his poo I thought of how he never cries and he most defiantly should be. Surely he has been given a great amount of strength to overcome all of the pain his one year old body has had to suffer this year. I'm so grateful for blessings.
Today as I was sitting at my kitchen table waiting to hear back from another doctor, a seemingly never ending battle of calling and waiting that I knew very well at this point of Timothy's life, after his fourth major surgery. I picked up the Book of Mormon Another Testament of Jesus Christ and started to read in Jacob 7:5. Jacob said that he truly had seen angels. I have never seen an angel but I have felt their presence before at times when I felt very alone. At times when I wondered if I could continue to carry the load. Today was one of those days and I knew God had sent my Grandma Butcher. I remembered all the wonderful times I would sit at her kitchen table and feel so comfortable and loved eating her homemade pies and other baked goodies. She was so diligent to make sure I was warm in my bed when I stayed the night at her house and every other way I could possibly be comfortable when I stayed there. I'm grateful she has been here to comfort me and I'm sure to also make Timothy comfortable. It has been wonderful to feel her near by. Thanks for your help Grandma and Happy Birthday!
I'm so glad you've started blogging again. I sure do miss you and its so great to hear about you and how your family is doing. Prayers are with you and your family. You are such an amazing example to me. Love you!
ReplyDeleteSo uplifting to read your thoughts. Thank you for sharing!
ReplyDelete